Edinburgh Consultancy Services
Max Associates is delighted to have been commissioned by City of Edinburgh Council for Consultancy Services for the strategic review of Council owned sports facilities and the sport and leisure services and programmes delivered across Edinburgh.
We are currently completing a full review of the facilities managed by Edinburgh Leisure Trust and the schools estate with the outcome of assisting the Council in meeting savings of £2m per annum from 2016/17. The project commenced June 2014 and the final report is due April 2015. The outputs of the project include;
- Mapping of all costs – Map the total operating cost of all the facilities provided by the Council and Edinburgh Leisure against users of the facilities;
- Map the total cost of all the services/programmes/initiatives provided by the Council and ensure there is a balance of service delivery across the city that maintains the activity levels of those who are already active but also focuses on targeting interventions on the inactive;
- Identification of strategic facility needs to maximise participation in physical activity and sport;
- Recommend funding options that would protect services for those most in need, while making best use of funds available;
- Within the context of the Council’s property estate rationalisation, where facilities are underused or there is duplication in facilities in a neighbourhood or area make recommendations on increasing usage, closure or alternative use. (These recommendations should ensure there is a balance of facility provision across the city);
- Review alternative models of facility management for all Council owned facilities, particularly smaller facilities and those used predominantly by clubs, in the context of potential Community Asset Transfer; this should also include schools and access using swipe cards or other forms of technology;
- Outline invest to save options which could use the Social Return on Investment model;
- Recommend funding options that would protect services for those most in need, while making best use of funds available
- Review the current scope of Edinburgh Leisure’s services and make recommendations for its future scope, including status quo, or expansion or contraction, both within and outwith Edinburgh;
- Make recommendations which would allow the Council to maintain its current levels of revenue expenditure but target resources differently to focus on the inactive.
- Future procurement options